International Roof Truss Design Competition 2017 “Arch Truss Design with Free Horizontal Element for Hangar Building” is series of event at 6th Civil in Action organized by Student Body of Civil Engineering and Environmental Department, Faculty of Enggineering, Universitas Gadjah Mada. Participants are encouraged to create and design a strong and innovative hangar roof truss on arch shape with free space component on horizontal element of the roof truss structure of the aircraft hangar.
ANNOUNCEMENTHere are some important informations need to be delivered to the participant. For further questions please contact our contact person.
|February 8th 2017||The timber used in the design only allowed to use one type of timber.|
|February 14th 2017||The maximum number of proposal pages are counted from chapter 1 to 4.|
|March 2nd 2017||Participant must insert the advantage of truss design that they made in the proposal.|
|March 2nd 2017||The design of load testing tool can be downloaded here.|
|March 3rd 2017||The timber demand in the proposal should be presented in unit of length.|
|March 4th 2017||Roof truss must be formed into arch, meanwhile the under section can be another form. Participant free to build roof truss like the example in the manual (article 12) or not but must fulfill the requirement in article 12.|
|March 15th 2017||The excess of truss in proposal assessment means the advantage of truss design.|
|March 16th 2017||Proposal submission will be closed today at 23.59. So dont forget to submit your proposal!|
Please download and read all the rules, regulations, and requirements. carefully
Download the registration form and complete all the form.
Pay the registration fee as a requirement for registration of competition.
Prepare ten pages of your proposal and submit it online in pdf format.
International Roof Truss Design Competition 2017 “Arch Truss Design with Free Horizontal Element for Hangar Building” is series of event at 6th Civil in Action organized by Student Body of Civil Engineering and Environmental Department, Faculty of Enggineering, Universitas Gadjah Mada. International Roof Truss Design Competition 2017 consist of proposal selection stage and final stage for 15 qualified teams who passed the proposal selection.
|23rd January – 15th March 2017||Competition Participant Registration|
|16th March 2017||Proposal Submission Deadline|
|17th March – 20th March 2017||Proposal Revision|
|21st March – 2nd April 2017||Proposal Judgement by Board of Jury|
|3rd April 2017||Participant Announcement for the final stage|
|4th April – 9th April 2017||Top 15 Finalist Re-Registration|
|10th April – 14th April 2017||Replacement Team Re-Registration|
|7th May 2017||Technical Meeting, Welcoming Party|
|8th May 2017||Roof Truss Construction|
|9th May 2017||Presentation, Roof Truss Testing|
|10th May 2017||Short Trip, Announcement, Closing|
For complete rules and regulations, please download the manual here.
The registration fee are :
Indonesia University : Rp 400.000
Foreign University (Outside Indonesia) : 40 USD
*) Cashback 50% for participants who did not qualify to the final round
Pay the registration fee to :
on behalf Ni Made Nindya Desivyana
Use 008 code before 133-00-1404178-4 for local bank besides Bank Mandiri
For International payment, the swiftcode is BMRIIDJA
- Registration opened from 23th of January 2017 until 15th of March 2017, with registration fee of 400.000 rupiah for Indonesian team and USD 40 for non-Indonesian team. For participants who did not pass the final stage will be given cashback 50% of the registration fee.
- At the time of registration, Participants enclose :
- Registration Form.
- A copy of University Student Identity Card.
- Recommendation Letter from Each University.
- Registration Fee Bill / proof of payment.
- Proposal of the roof truss design.
- Design / Drawing of the roof truss in a single A4 paper.
- Detail of joint (each joint in a single A4 paper).
- Photo with size of 3x4 cm. All files are handed in soft copy
- Participants must upload their proposal and registration files as a PDF at the latest on 16th of March 2017 in Civil In Action website.
- Participants who already submitted all the files required need to give confirmation to the comittee contact person.
Please download the registration form here